CBSE CTET 2018 online application started for CTET – SEPT 2018 Exam at ctet.nic.in:
The Central Board of Secondary Education has released the CTET notification regarding CTET 2018 exam. CBSE inviting online application for CTET Sept 2018 and interested candidates can apply for CTET – SEPT 2018 online through official website.
Candidates are advised to read all the instructions and procedure for submission of online application form of CTET 2018 given on this page.
Update (21-06-2018): The release of CTET Application Form 2018 has been delayed by CBSE due to administrative reasons and new date will be announced soon.
Central Teacher Eligibility test well known as CTET is an Indian entrance exam for eligible candidates who want to join as a teacher in India and conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education. CTET is compulsory for getting teaching jobs in the government schools from Class 1 to Class 8.
There will be two papers in the central teacher eligibility test. Paper 1 is meant for teachers opting for Class 1 to Class 5 and Paper 2 for Class 6 to Class 8. TET is conducted by both the central government and state governments in India. The CTET 2018 exam will be held at approx. 959 centres in India and abroad. More than 7-8 lakh candidates appear in the exam every year to build their career in teaching jobs.
CBSE CTET SEPT – 2018 Eligibility Details:
Educational Qualifications: The candidates, who have following educational qualifications, are eligible for appearing in the CTET.
- Minimum Qualifications for becoming Teacher for Classes I-V: Primary Stage: The candidates, who have passed senior secondary or its equivalent (12th Class) with at least 50% marks and have passed 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education or 4 years Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) or 2 year Diploma in Education are eligible for CTET. Candidates appearing in final year are also eligible for CTET.
- Minimum Qualifications for becoming Teacher for Classes VI-VIII: Elementary Stage: The candidates, who have passed Graduation and passed or appearing 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education OR Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1 year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.) OR Graduation with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in 1 year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in accordance with the NCTE Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4- year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) OR Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4- year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed. OR Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year B.Ed.
Note: Relaxation up to 5% in the qualifying marks in the minimum Educational Qualification for eligibility shall be allowed to the candidates belonging to reserved categories, such as SC/ST/OBC/Differently abled.
CTET Examination Fees:
The candidates belong to General and OBC Category need to pay Rs.600/- for Paper I or Paper II and Rs.1000/- to appear in both paper i.e. Paper I and Paper II.
The candidates belonging to SC/ST/Differently Abled Category need to pay Rs.300/- for Paper I or Paper II and Rs.500/- to appear in both paper i.e. Paper I and Paper II.
Candidates can pay examination fees either through Challan deposited in CBSE Account with Syndicate Bank or HDFC Bank or by through online mode by Debit/Credit Card. Candidates keep in mind that service charges and service taxes as applicable will be charged extra by the Bank.
CTET Selection procedure: CTET selection process will be done by written exam followed by personal interview.
- Online application starts: from
22-06-2018(New date available soon)
- Last date of online form submission: 19-07-2018
- Last date of fee payment: 21-07-2018
- Releasing of CTET 2018 admit card: 20-08-2018
- Written Exam: 16-09-2018 (Paper II timing: 09:30 to 12:00 and Paper I timing: 14:00 to 16:30)
- Declaration of Results: Six weeks from the date of exam
- Dispatch of CTET Certificate: After one month from the date of declaration of result
CBSE CTET Online Application Procedure
Eligible candidates can apply online for CBSE CTET by following few simple steps provided here on this page. Candidates are advised to keep all the documents with you at the time of online application.
- Visit the official website of CBSE CTET i.e. ctet.nic.in.
- Click on Apply Online CTET to start an online application
- Fill in the Online Application Form and note down system generated Registration No.
- Upload Scanned Images of latest Photograph and Signature (Learn how to resize scanned images). The scanned images should be in jpg format. The size of the photograph must be greater than 4KB and less than 100KB and dimension should be 3.5cm (width) x 4.5cm (height) only. Size of signature image must be greater than 1KB and less than 25KB and dimension should be 3.5cm (width) x 1.5cm (height)
- Pay examination fees by challan or debit/credit/Net Banking. The candidates, who want to pay the fee by challan has to select “Bank e-Challan”.
- Take a print of application for your future reference.
Note: The candidate particulars can be edited till the payment of fees has not been made. Once the payment of fees has been done, candidate particulars cannot be edited at this stage. Thereafter candidates can make corrections only during the period in which it will be allowed as per the given schedule of CTET – 2018. Candidates keep in mind that all steps are mandatory, Online application submission will be considered as complete only after receipt of ‘Confirmation Page’. There is no need to send hard copy of confirmation page to CTET authorities.
The candidates can download official notification from this link and are advised to read the official notification carefully before going to apply online.