IBPS PO 2020: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has released a notification for the recruitment of Probationary Officers (PO)/Management Trainee vacancies on their official website. IBPS conducts various recruitment examinations each year, out of which IBPS PO is the most sought after.
Every year, the IBPS releases a large number of vacancies for PO/MT, and a lot of applicants appear for the common recruitment process to make a good career for themselves. Even though IBPS Probationary Officer is an entry-level position, candidates can create the right path through the prospects the job offers. For the year 2020, IBPS PO Notification is expected in August 2020.
The IBPS is one of the premier organization which opens the door to get the job in the banking sector. As per the official website, more than 1.01 crore aspirants had registered for various IBPS Recruitment exams during the year 2018-19. This figure shows that more and more freshers are getting attracted towards job opportunities in Banking sector as well as Financial and Insurance sectors directly or indirectly.
Check out the complete details about IBPS CRP PO/MT-X Recruitment 2020.
- IBPS PO/MT 2020 Overview
- IBPS PO Exam Date
- IBPS PO 2020 Recruitment Notification
- IBPS PO 2020 Vacancy
- IBPS PO/MT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- IBPS PO 2020 Selection Process
- IBPS PO 2020 Exam Pattern
- IBPS PO Preliminary Examination Pattern
- IBPS PO Main Examination Pattern
- IBPS PO Interview
- How to Apply Online for IBPS PO/MT 2020?
- IBPS PO Best Books
- IBPS PO 2020 FAQs
- When IBPS PO Exam will be conducted?
- When IBPS PO Application Form link will active?
- What is the minimum qualification required to appear in the IBPS PO Exam?
- Can the Final year students are eligible to apply for IBPS PO 2020?
- Is there any negative marking for IBPS PO Written Exam?
- Is IBPS PO tough?
- What is the full form of IBPS PO Exam?
- Which books are the best to crack IBPS PO exam?
IBPS PO/MT 2020 Overview
IBPS releases a huge number of vacancies against IBPS PO 2020, which is one of the most awaited banking recruitment exams.
|Name of Organization||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
|Post||Probationary Officer (PO)/Management Trainee|
|No. of Vacancies||To be notified|
|Online Application Start Date||05-08-2020|
|Application Fee/Intimation Charges||Rs.175/- for SC/ST/PWBD Candidates
Rs.850/- for All others
|IBPS PO Exam Date (Prelims)||03-10-2020
|Selection Process||Prelims, Mains, and Interview followed by document verification|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate from a recognized University|
|Age Limit||20 Years to 30 Years|
|Application Mode||Online only|
IBPS PO Exam Date
IBPS has announced the exam date of Probationary Officer/Management Trainee vacancies in their exam calendar 2020. As per the official IBPS Exam Calendar 2020, the IBPS PO exam will be scheduled on 3rd, 4th, and 10th October 2020. Check out the complete exam details in the below table.
|IBPS PO Notification Released Date||Last week of July 2020 (Tentative)|
|Online registration including Edit/Modification of Application by candidates||05-08-2020 to 26-08-2020|
|Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges (Online)||05-08-2020 to 26-08-2020|
|Download of call letters for Pre-Exam training||September 2020|
|Conduct of Pre-Exam Training||21-09-2020 to 26-09-2020|
|Download of call letter for Online examination – Preliminary||October 2020|
|Online Examination – Preliminary||3rd, 10th & 11th October 2020|
|Result of Online Exam – Preliminary||October/November 2020|
|Download of Call Letter for Online Exam – Main||November 2020|
|Online Examination – Main||28-11-2020|
|Declaration of Result – Main||December 2020|
|Download of Call Letters for Interview||January 2021|
|Conduct of Interview||January/February 2021|
|Provisional Allotment||April 2021|
This is one of the best opportunity for the aspirants seeking a Bank PO job which has such good perks. The candidates who are interested in IBPS PO vacancies must not miss this opportunity and read the complete article for the essential details about the IBPS Probationary Officer Exam.
IBPS PO 2020 Recruitment Notification
The IBPS has released the IBPS PO 2019 notification on 2nd August 2019 and it is expected that the IBPS PO 2020 notification might be release in the last week of July or first week of August 2020.
Any eligible candidate, who aspires to join any of the Participating Organisations as a Probationary Officer/Management Trainee or in a similar post in that cadre, is required to register for the Common Recruitment Process (CRP PO/MT-X).
The examination will be two tiers i.e.; the online examination will be held in two phases, Online Preliminary and Online Main. Candidates who will qualify in Online Preliminary examination and shortlisted will have to appear for Online Main examination.
Shortlisted candidates in the Online Main examination will subsequently be called for a Common Interview to be conducted by the Participating Organisations and co-ordinated by the Nodal Bank.
Depending on the final vacancies to be filled in during the financial year 2021-22 based on the business needs of the Participating Organisations and as reported to IBPS, candidates shortlisted will be provisionally allotted to one of the Participating Organisations keeping in view the spirit of Govt. Guidelines on reservation policy, administrative convenience, etc.
The validity for CRP- PO/MT-X will automatically expire at the close of business on 31.03.2022 with or without giving any notice.
IBPS PO 2020 Vacancy
IBPS PO 2020 indicative vacancies will be notified with the release of the official IBPS PO Notification 2020. However, from the last two year data, the number of PO/MT vacancies is expected to be about 4500.
IBPS PO Vacancy for the year 2021-2022: 1167
IBPS PO Vacancy for the year 2020-2021: 4336
IBPS PO Vacancy for the year 2019-2020: 4252
IBPS PO/MT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates, intending to apply for IBPS PO 2020 should ensure that they fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria as specified by IBPS in the official advertisement.
A candidate must be either –
- a Citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 intending to permanently settle in India or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Age (As on 01-08-2020)
Minimum: 20 Years Maximum: 30 Years
i.e. A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02-08-1990 and not later than 01-08-2000 (both dates inclusive).
Relaxation of Upper age limit
Sr. No. Category Age relaxation 1 Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe 5 years 2 Other Backward Classed (Non-Creamy Layer) 3 years 3 Persons with Benchmark Disabilities as defined under “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016” 10 years 4 Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment. 5 years 5 Persons ordinarily domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01-01-1980 to 31-12-1989. 5 years 6 Persons affected by 1984 riots 5 years
Educational Qualification (As on 26-08-2020)
A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognized by the Govt. Of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
The candidate must possess a valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he/she registers and indicates the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online.
IBPS PO 2020 Selection Process
The IBPS PO 2020 selection process consists of three stages.
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Examination
The candidates will have to score a section cut-off and overall cut-off in both prelims and mains. Candidates who will qualify in Online Preliminary examination and shortlisted will have to appear for Online Main examination, and shortlisted candidates in the Online Main examination will subsequently be called for a Common Interview to be conducted by the Participating Organisations and co-ordinated by the Nodal Bank.
IBPS PO 2020 Exam Pattern
The structure of the IBPS PO Examination which will be conducted online are as follow:
IBPS PO Preliminary Examination Pattern
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)|
|1||English Language||30||30||English||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||English and Hindi||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||English and Hindi||20 minutes|
IBPS PO Main Examination Pattern
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests (Not by Sequence)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||English & Hindi||60 minutes|
|2||General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||English & Hindi||35 minutes|
|3||English Language||35||40||English||40 minutes|
|4||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||English & Hindi||45 minutes|
|5||English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||English||30 minutes|
Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Online Preliminary and Online Main examination)
There will be the penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e., no answer is marked by the candidate; there will be no penalty for that question.
IBPS PO Interview
Candidates who have been shortlisted in the Online Main examination for CRP- PO/MT will subsequently be called for an Interview to be conducted by the Participating Organisations and coordinated by the Nodal Bank in each State/ UT with the help of IBPS.
The total marks allotted for Interview are 100. The minimum qualifying marks in the Interview will not be less than 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWBD candidates).
The weightage (ratio) of the Online Main Exam and Interview will be 80:20, respectively.
The combined final score of candidates shall be arrived at based on scores obtained by the candidates in the Online Main Examination of CRP- PO/MT and Interview.
Interview scores of the candidates failing to secure minimum qualifying marks or otherwise barred from the interview or further process shall not be disclosed.
A candidate should qualify both in the Online Main Exam and Interview and be sufficiently high in the merit to be shortlisted for subsequent provisional allotment process.
How to Apply Online for IBPS PO/MT 2020?
The candidates interested in the IBPS PO 2020 vacancies can apply online before the last date and no other mode of application will be accepted.
Before applying online for IBPS PO Recruitment 2020, candidates should scan their photograph and signature and resize scanned images as per details are given in the official notification.
Pre-Requisites for Applying Online
- Photograph (4.5 cm X 3.5 cm) in digital format i.e. scan
- Signature in digital format
- Left thumb impression
- Scanned Hand written declaration (the test for the hand written declaration is; “I, ______ (Name of the Candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required.”
- Keep the necessary details/documents ready to make an Online Payment of the requisite application fee.
- Valid personal email ID and mobile number (if required).
Process for Applying Online
- Click the direct link given below or go to the IBPS’s authorized website www.ibps.in and click on the Home Page to open the link “CRP PO/MT” and then click on the option “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR CRP-PROBATIONARY OFFICERS/MANAGEMENT TRAINEES (CRP-PO/MT)” to open the On-Line Application Form.
- Candidates will have click on “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” to register their application by entering their necessary information in the online application form. After that, a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen.
- The candidate should note down the Provisional registration number and password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent. They can reopen the saved data using the Provisional registration number and password and edit the particulars if needed.
- Candidates are required to upload their Photograph, Signature, Left thumb impression, and a handwritten declaration as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of documents.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill in the online application themselves as no change in any of the data filled in the online application will be possible/ entertained. Before submitting the online application, candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. No change is permitted after clicking on FINAL SUBMIT Button.
- Candidates should make the payment of requisite fees/ intimation charges through the ONLINE mode only.
- The application form is integrated with the payment gateway, and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
- The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets by providing information as asked on the screen.
- After Final Submit, an additional page of the application form is displayed wherein candidates may follow the instructions and fill in the requisite details.
- If the online transaction has not been successfully completed, then candidates are advised to login again with their provisional registration number and password and pay the Application Fees/ Intimation Charges online.
- On successful completion of the transaction, an e-receipt will be generated.
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-receipt and online application form containing fee payment details. Please note that if the same cannot be generated, then the online transaction may not have been successful.
IBPS PO Best Books
Here is the list of books that aspirants can consider to prepare for the IBPS PO exam.
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R. S. Aggarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive exams by R.S. Aggarwal
- Banking Awareness by Arihant Publications
- Data Interpretation by Arun Sharma
- The Yearly Current Affairs 2020 for Competitive Exams
IBPS PO 2020 FAQs
When IBPS PO Exam will be conducted?
The IBPS PO Preliminary Exam will be conducted on 3rd, 10th, and 11th October 2020. The IBPS PO Mains Exam will be held on 28th November 2020.
The IBPS PO Application form link will active after the official notification released by the IBPS.
What is the minimum qualification required to appear in the IBPS PO Exam?
The Candidates should have the graduate degree in any discipline from a UGC recognized university or equal qualification.
Can the Final year students are eligible to apply for IBPS PO 2020?
No, the final year student can not apply against the IBPS PO 2020 recruitment. The candidate must possess a valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he/she registers and indicates the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online.
Is there any negative marking for IBPS PO Written Exam?
Yes, for each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score.
Is IBPS PO tough?
IBPS PO is not a complicated or tough exam. If you go through the IBPS PO syllabus in detail, you will realize that most of the syllabus is of basic, high school level. What makes it difficult for most of the candidates to clear the exam is the lack of a proper study plan. But don’t worry.
What is the full form of IBPS PO Exam?
The full form of IBPS PO Exam is Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Probationary Officer Examination.
Which books are the best to crack IBPS PO exam?
Take a look at the list of books given on this page that aspirants can consider preparing for the IBPS PO exam.